Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Little Peasant Dress for my Littlest Girl

Bump 35 weeks and 3 days.  It is getting harder and harder to take these photos myself!  Look at her (and I!!) grow.  Amazing what the body can handle.
I wanted to do something special for the baby this week and I decided on sewing her a peasant dress.  I have never sewed this pattern before and used this tutorial found here on Sew Much Ado.  It worked out perfectly and I am more than happy at the results!  Here are the supplies.
Here is the finished dress!  I fell in love with the Fabric from Michael Miller called, Groovy Guitar In Bloom, and had to make something from it.  I found the sleeve fabric with matched perfectly at JoAnn Fabrics.




Here is the proud Mama, sitting in the nursery.
I can't believe her due date is in 32 more days!!! 
I can't wait to be holding you in my arms, baby girl. 

Love,
Mama Nic
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable! I think it's one of my favorite that I've seen made so far, I love those fabrics! Good luck with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun with this one and can't wait to see baby girl in it. :-)

      Delete
  2. You’re baby girl will surely be delighted once she learns that her mom already made her a dress even before she came out. Why did you use a guitar-printed fabric? Do you have a feeling that she might be musically inclined? What’s her name, by the way? I can imagine her wearing that dress with a cute headband and a hearty smile. :) Jerri Washam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks Jerri. She is a sweetheart and I would sew outfits all day long for her if I could. I picked the guitar fabric because our family loves music and it is just a super groovy fabric, don't ya think? I don't reveal my kids names on my blog but I refer to her as Chica. This pen name was giver to her due to her plump chunky cheeks were the first thing I noticed about her and the fact that she is my youngest.....so Chica seemed fitting. I will post a picture of her wearing the dress on the blog soon. :)

      Delete